Translate

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Travelling to Disneyland- Maximizing time in Disneyland park

We did spend most of our time in Disneyland park, as we were too stubborn to get fast passes and were always waiting for that opportune moment when the line was just a little shorter for particular rides.

If you travel during a hot season, I recommend taking a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean. You almost always get stuck on the ride, but it's cool inside thanks to all the water. And it's fun! We rode it a total of 6 times in four days, all because the line was constantly under ten minutes. One advantage to also waiting in line for this ride is that they have a couple water fountains where you can refill your bottle or just take a drink!

We bit the bullet and waited about an hour for Jungle Cruise, and it was a relief to get on the boat while it was so hot outside. If you don't want to get a fast pass and aren't afraid of the dark, I recommend riding this while the fireworks over Sleeping Beauty Castle are happening. The cue is almost non existent and every now and then you can catch a view of some of the fireworks! It was a whole different experience to ride Jungle Cruise at night and I would definitely do it again.

Indiana Jones is another popular ride. It is not one I recommend for small children, as the ride can be quite scary. It was lots of fun, but you do get jostled quite a bit! We lucked out on one particular day and only had to wait about an hour in the hot sun. (Which kind of sucked as once you get sent inside you spend almost ten minutes walking through the building just to get down to the ride!)

We wore our buttons every day, and one day we got very lucky. We met a wonderful woman named Pat outside Fantasy Faire (where they hold the princess plays- worth a watch at least once!) And she stopped us once she caught sight of our buttons. We had a beautiful chat where she told us the importance of going on at least one date a month (her husband used to drag her out, and she was always flustered and rushed until that moment that they were finally sitting down to dinner, and she looked forward to it every month.) Finally, she called another cast member over and he told us there was a tradition for married couples visiting the park. He had a little speech that I can't remember for the life of me! (I wish I could) and he presented me with a little plastic version of Cinderella's glass slipper. It was a simple gesture, but I feel like I got something very special that not many others get a chance to receive at the park.

Pat was such a wonderful woman that after this she wrote us some special fast passes for Disneyland Park, that were good for every ride except the Matterhorn! She also instructed the other cast member to take us to Peter Pans' flight so that we wouldn't have to wait in line! Which is wonderful, because Peter Pan's flight is always busy, night or day. They took us through the wheelchair access (aka the ride's exit) And we got on after about five minutes! It was really a special experience.

We decided to use one fast pass for Star Tours, which had changed since the last time I was there, and I didn't actually know until after I got on the ride. My husband and I both get motion sick, mostly in cars. I have to tell you that both of us were very, very close to vomiting on the new ride. I will probably never visit Star Tours again because of it. So I DO NOT recommend this ride to anyone who gets motion sickness!!

Haunted Mansion was not too busy, since I believe they have a genius ride that never stops moving, allowing to get a lot more people through the ride every day. I had only ridden Haunted Mansion Holiday before (I LOVE NBC!) but the traditional Haunted Mansion ride is also wonderful, spirited, and imaginative, and thankfully not scary! (I love horror movies, but going through Haunted Houses? I can't seem to work up the nerve.)

Another great experience we had was at the Plaza Inn- we went there for the character breakfast. It really is the best place to meet lots of characters you don't normally see in the park! We saw Minnie (our third time this trip!) Chip and Dale, Eeyore, Captain Hook, Fairy Godmother, and Tigger! One of our servers also tried to (secretly) give my husband a red rose, and recited a beautiful poem that my husband then repeated back to me! It was cute and I was sad that I had to leave the rose behind in the hotel. (There's no way they would let me take that over the border!)

All these little things were the things that we loved most about our Honeymoon, and really made the experience above and beyond any visit I have had in Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment