Translate

Sunday, September 11, 2016

How and where to get character photos in Disneyland

Characters can be fairly elusive in Disneyland- they don't have a comprehensive app like Disney World to tell you when characters will be present. Thankfully, Disneyland's website now lists approximate times and locations to find characters. I wanted to bring some of my own insight to this and help you and/or your little ones make the most out of finding characters in a less typical situation.

1- Finding Mickey and Minnie
There are a plethora of places to find Mickey and Minnie. The biggest one is their homes in Toontown- all you need to do is take a tour of their home and wait in line to get your photo with them! They aren't always guaranteed to be here- but it is certainly your best chance at finding them.

You can also find these two at the character breakfasts- these include breakfast at the Grand Californian, Paradise Pier, and at the Plaza Inn. If you're looking for the most character variety, Plaza Inn is your best bet.

Sometimes, you may also find them in the plaza of Main St. right when you enter Disneyland park. I've only seen these two available to meet and greet on Buena Vista St. as far as California Adventure goes.

2-The gang
You can also find most of the main gang somewhere in Toontown at different points of the day- I've seen Goofy outside of his house, Pluto outside of the jail, etc. These guys will also be found on Main St, most commonly near the fire hall.

I've seen a few of them at the character breakfasts as well.

If you're lucky you can catch Goofy as a conductor outside by the World of Color fountains- I believe it's a fun way they test the fountains to make sure they are working for each night's show!

I've also seen Pluto near Soarin' in California Adventure.

A secret spot I've happened to see Chip n' Dale is the big empty space right near the Hollywood Tower of Terror! You may spot other characters here as I believe it is close to a backstage area for cast members.

Oswald is easy to spot as he is usually on the main st into California Adventure- definitely in the shade if it's hot out. I found him hanging out there mid day, not far from the shop that sells only Oswald merch.

3- Princes and Princesses
The biggest spot Princesses do meet and greet is at the Fantasy Faire- but these lines can get quite long and I wouldn't say its the most unique experience to meet the Princesses.

The best place to find the main Disney Princesses is at Ariel's Grotto when you book a meal there. Be warned, this place is ALWAYS busy so you do need to make reservations. You won't find the Princes here, but you can see Ariel, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Snow White. I believe some of these Princesses can also be seen at the Plaza Inn, depending on the day.

Another place you can find these gals is right inside the entrance to Disneyland Park. Sometimes they can be found under the shade of the trees near the flower arrangements.

Tiana can be found in New Orlean's Square- because of course that makes the most sense. I've seen her on the raised platform near the Rivers of America and I've also seen her on the staircase hidden in between the shops.

Merida still has her own meet and greet spot near it's a Small World, unless that has changed recently.

Anna and Elsa can be found at their Royal Welcome in Animation Academy in California Adventure. As far as I'm aware the line is constantly long for this and its the only place to see them. Whereas Olaf can be found outside in Hollywoodland.

Jasmine can only be found with Aladdin at Aladdin's Oasis- along with Genie at times and even Jafar. It's never known who will be here at any given time- and I've rarely seen them here on hot days.

4- Disney Jr.
These characters are most commonly found outside the shops near the Disney Jr. Stage or outside Disney Jr. Itself.

5- Sulley and Mike
These two have their own special meet and greet spot not far from their ride- before you get into the Mad T. Party area, there is a small apartment made to look like it is from Monsters Inc. If Sulley or Mike are doing meet and greets, you will find them standing here. I've never seen them at the same time, just one or the other.

6-Marvel Superheros
Most commonly found in Tomorrowland, but apparently they can now be found in Hollywoodland as well. I believe that is a recent development.

7- Character breakfasts, a good chance to see rare characters
Paradise Pier's Breakfast roster includes Stitch! So if you're looking for him, make sure you book this breakfast. I don't believe I have seen him elsewhere, but I wouldn't put it past him to be at Plaza Inn every now and then. I've also seen Daisy here, and she seems to be a more hard to find member of the gang.

The Grand Californian Sports more rare characters- especially those from Brother Bear. There isn't a plethora of characters here, but the food makes it well worth a visit.

I haven't been to Goofy's Kitchen- but I imagine you'd see Goofy here no matter what!

Plaza Inn has a great roster too- the time I was there I saw Captain Hook, Eeyore, The Fairy Godmother, Minnie, and more! I believe a lot of them change day to day but it is fairly certain you will see Minnie here no matter what.

8-Seasonal Events
If you go during a certain season I can almost guarantee you will see more of the rare characters. Halloween you will spot more villains, as well as Jack and Sally. Christmas tends to bring out some more rare characters, and the gang in special costumes. But also consider events such as Valentine's day- where you will find some special characters out just for the day.

This has been my guide to find characters more outside of their norm locations. Hopefully my experiences can help you find who you're looking for in the parks!


                                                   Meeting Minnie at the Plaza Inn!

No comments:

Post a Comment