Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Going to Disney World - Part 2!

So, on our second full day at the parks, we decided to make our way to Animal Kingdom! I got fast passes for Expidition Everest, Dinosaur, and Killimanjaro Safari! We started our day off by making our way to the safari, because I hear that this is the busiest attraction.

A lot of people seemed to have the same idea as a few dozen people were ahead of us and also headed for the safari! Thankfully we didn't have to wait long as we got there right around park opening. The great thing about the buses is that I firmly believe there isn't a bad seat on it. This experience was far beyond the level of going to a zoo to see animals. Here, you could see the animals had tons of space to roam freely, and it was exhilarating to take a trip trough their home instead of staring at them in cages. The best thing about the safari is that there are so many animals you have a chance to see something new every time you go.


From there, we decided we would take in the sights around the park before having some lunch in Dinoland U.S.A. The themeing at Animal Kingdom is quite unique and itr really did feel like we were in another place.  We had lunch at restaurantosaurus as my husband is a HUGE fan of dinosaurs. We both got the mac and cheese hot dog. It was prerty good, but I felt it could use a bit more flavor.
                                                              Mac and Cheese Hot dog.



                                                    Restaurant interior.


Then we rode dinosaur, which was scary but fun! (I don't recommend this for the little ones that sxare easily) as most of the dinosaurs are harmless, but one dinosaur in particular is quite large and 'chases' after you, even blowing air in your face!  However, despite its age, dinosaur lovers will feel transported in time and abosultely love this  ride.

                  Dinosaur's line up was quite long after lunch- this one is worth getting a fast pass for!


We had a few more hours before expidition everest (which I was sure I would back out of, as roller coasters of that level terrify me) so we took the train to the Rafiki area. It was neat as there are some scientests actually working there on different thinga, and through glass windows they can see you and comminucate what they are working on and answer your questions. This is when the rain really began to pour. Ideally, we should have hid out at the rafiki building, but we did not expect it to rain ao long. We made our way back to the train starion, getting soaked in the process.  The train is in open air but is thankfully covered, so we remained relatively dry on our way back. Thunder and light ning was starting and our expedition everest fastpass was approaching. We ducked into a store which was aboslutely packed.
                                     Needles to say, my husband got a little soaked in the rain!

That's the one problem with animal kingdom: there is almost nowhere to hide from the inevitable rain.  Every single store was packed, so we made our way from store to store until the rain passed. We headed for expedition Everest, but it was still not in service due to lightning being close. I really appreciate their concerns for patrons safety on the outdoor rides, and we decided to wait in the fast pass line for them to start up again. An hour later, we were able to ride. I was extremely nervous. I would say I had fun, despite screaming my face off the entire time. Though I don't think I could ride it again, I'm proud to say I did and didn't chicken out.

After this, we decided to see the last showing of festival of the lion king, which had to be my favorite show in the entirety of Walt Disney World. There's circus acts, amazing singing, and Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa all make an appearance! This show is truly phenomenal and I cannot recommend it enough if you're making a visit to animal kingdom.
                                          Hands down one of the best shows in Disney World!

We finished out day off with dinner at the rainforest cafe. It was our first time eating there, and I was afraid it would be overrated, sacrificing good food for theming. I was pleasantly surprised to say I really enjoyed my meal and the staff despite feeling quite ill that evening!

Without further ado, here are some recommendations for Animal Kingdom:

1. Pack a good raincoat and don't wear runners (summer)
2. Make your way to killimanjaro safari right away
3. Check the festival of the Lion King showtimes and make sure you see one!
4. Ride expedition everest, even if you're a little scared.
5. Get a great adult drink in Dinoland U.S.A if your day has been hectic!
6. Take the time to walk the trails around the safari. There are some great animals you can see there, including gorillas!

No comments:

Post a Comment